Written by HDMA founder Kris Harzinski, From Here to There: A Curious Collection from the Hand Drawn Map Association features an exclusive collection of more than 140 maps.
Princeton Architectural Press
7.4 x 5 inches
- The Guardian: “We’ve been drawing maps since we could draw, but this selection is recent and timely, reflecting what is surely a backlash against digital convention.”
- Brain Pickings: “Eccentric yet unassuming, From Here to There offers a charming visual treat and, in the process, reveals fascinating slivers of human stories.”
- Bookslut: “From Here to There is a celebration of seeing maps differently — of appreciating an old style of observation in our GPS-addicted world. It also embraces creativity and making art and a small sense of wit and whimsy.”
- Book By Its Cover: “I love that at the time they were drawn, these maps were useful and meant to explain something. But now these saved maps become records of a moment passed.”
- It’s Nice That: “From the topographically questionable to the disproportionate landmarks that dwarf whole countries, be it scribbled on a scrap bit of loo roll or an overly descriptive diagram, the maps in From Here to There are a fascinating collection.”